Thread: Flint power!
View Single Post
Old February 28, 2001, 01:25 PM   #27
Cap n ball

Gary, Your absolutely correct. I've unloaded it and cleaned it up and put it and the rest of it's gear in my safe. I think I'll only fire it on the 4th of July and then with a plug of tow instead of a load. Thanks for the admonishment. I replaced it with an 1858 replica Remington 44. I'll try to post a photo of it along with the horns. I also have his sword and scabbard. It's in really great shape and as much as it embarrasses me to admit it, when I was a little kid we used to cut watermelons in half with it but we always cleaned it up real good and never nicked the edge. My mother tells me that his uniform went to another relative and she doesn't remember which one it was but that when she was a little girl her older brother wore his tricorner hat once in a while but there again she doesn't remember what happened to it either. I found about twelve of the buttons that were on the coat and waistcoat in my grandmother's sewing basket and still have them. I've got a pretty good idea of what the old pistol is worth but I wouldn't even have mentioned it if you guys hadn't been talking about flintlocks. I wouldn't give it up for anything. That's one gun that they WILL have to pry from my cold dead hand.

Page generated in 0.03564 seconds with 8 queries