View Single Post
Old September 1, 2009, 07:43 PM   #1
RonJon

A Rock-Ola at last!!!

I went to a local gun show Saturday and my son spotted this Rock-Ola M1 carbine at my favorite local dealer's table.

It was on consignment from a guy who is selling his collection a little at a time. It has NO import marks, it is all Rock-Ola parts except for the bolt (inland). It is in the correct condition, it has the push-button safety (WWII style), no bayonet lug type 2 barrel band, and has the adjustable (and correct) sight since it was manufactured in the LAST month of Rock-Ola carbine production!

The serial number is 62104XX, which puts it as manufactured in May, 1944, when the last 9913 carbines were built by Rock-Ola (this number is within that group!).

It even has a correct late WWII sling in olive drab, with an oiler made by IBM.

It went out the door with me for EXACTLY 8 bills (no S/T, since it was consignment and the dealer never had to enter it in his bound book before selling it to me). (BTW, Gunbroker just sold a Rock-Ola with a ring (or bulge) inside the barrel and NOT as nice as this one, (IMHO - and many on the Carbine forums feel that there is faked parts on it, BTW) for $3728!!! - See http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=137234487)

My son and I took it to the range on Sunday and it shot very well except the sights shoot a bit high @ 50 or 100 yards even with the rear sight adjusted as low as it will go - but a little "Kentucky windage" showed that it could group all shots in the black!

Here is a Photo-Bucket slide show of it (just click the image below and enjoy the show!):

According to Bruce Canfield, the Rock-Ola carbines comprised only 3.7% of all carbines Mf'd during WWII - See: Bruce Canfield Rock-Ola article

Ron

Page generated in 0.02578 seconds with 8 queries