View Single Post
Old August 24, 2005, 02:43 PM   #18
30Cal

I use a Dillon for all my Highpower match loading. Works fine. With rifle cases, especially ones going through a semi-auto, you're not going to get the most out of a progressive. I actually prefer my Lyman turret press for rifle reloading (the one I got for $10 used from a co-worker). Presses can be had cheap on ebay.

I'm not familiar with your less common calibers, but make sure the press is tall enough to handle them.

The Lee auto primer is nice and inexpensive (and semi-disposible).

Case trimming is a terrible chore. I use a Lee Hand trimmer ($3 for the cutter and $3 for each caliber specific mandrel set) which is actually very fast and consistant when chucked in a 1/2" cordless drill or drill press. The Cadillac of trimmers is the Giraud. I'm not familiar with C&H. As a rule of thumb, I would avoid anything that cannot easily be driven with a motor. Sinclair Int'l has lots of good stuff in this department.

The only rifle cases I crimp are for leveractions.

I prefer a balance scale because all you do is look at the pointer. It's either on or it's not. The digital is nice if you're doing something truly menial like sorting 500 cases by weight.

Ty

Page generated in 0.01953 seconds with 8 queries