View Single Post
Old December 21, 1998, 06:40 PM   #17
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

Rob,
What knife did you have in mind? ( You read my mind Kodiac )

A knife held handle down, on the magazine side, could easily be drawn by the strong hand in the reverse grip. If someone were trying to relive you of your pistol you could clamp down on your gun with the left hand while drawing immediately into a knife strike with the right. (a GAF-MU maneuver .. Get Away From Me U) Also, no need to chose between knife or magazine. The flat knife sheath can attach to the back side of the Mag pouch. The balance of the rig depends on the weight of the various components, how you adjust the harness and weather you anchor it down to the belt. A medium size knife is no trouble here. Knife on the gun side will have more of an effect on the bulk of the rig then on the balance (again I'm speaking of a medium to small size knife). If the gun side is where you want the knife I will work it out that way for you, however, (just thinking out loud here) from a tactical perspective I think the knife opposite the gun gives better options. What are your thoughts about this?

I'm wondering what the other forum members think the best configuration would be.

Jump in guys

I see you answered the what knife question while I was composing

[This message has been edited by Scott Evans (edited 12-21-98).]

Page generated in 0.02897 seconds with 8 queries