View Single Post
Old October 24, 2013, 01:46 PM   #36
carguychris

Quote:
I do believe you as a private citizen can also mail a gun to an FFL, so you could mail it to an FFL in California if that worked better for you.
Long guns- yes. Handguns- no.

Only FFL 01 Dealers, 02 Pawnbrokers, 07 Manufacturers, and certain types of government agents (i.e. LE and military) may lawfully mail handguns. 03 Collector FFLs- aka C&R licensees- are specifically prohibited from mailing handguns other than legal antiques.

Additionally, there's a caveat regarding firearms that utilize a separate lower receiver that can be assembled into a rifle OR a handgun, e.g. AR's. In order to be considered a rifle under the postal regulations, the entire rifle- or all of the parts required to assemble one- must be in the package. OTOH bringing such a weapon into CA is a whole 'nother can of worms, so this is likely irrelevant here.

I'm aware that the OP specified that no handguns are included in the lot, but I felt obligated to explain this anyway, so nobody misconstrues anything.

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 8 queries