View Single Post
Old February 7, 2013, 10:59 AM   #27
Rick F

Quote:
Your worried about having a refinished gun but yet your willing to get it checkered?

I see no problem with them charging people return shipping if the gun goes to custom shop after warranty repairs.Why should the free warranty ship/return cover on your custom work?

You can go to any of the 1911 dedicated forums and learn that this has been Springfield's policy for awhile.

And the repair shop and custom shop are twp separate animals.
I don't want the gun refinished. I prefer a new one with a frame that's actually shaped right. I'm assuming that they are just going to refinish this one. If they do refinish the defective one, I figured I might as well get the checkering done.

Custom shop is the same machine shop as the repair shop. They are 2 different teams in a hierarchical sense. In the email she stated that all of their regular, non-custom guns that have checkering are done in the same place.
Sig P220 Elite Stainless .45 /// H&K P30L 9mm /// Kimber Eclipse Target II .45 /// S&W 686+ 5" Pro /// Walther PPS 9mm /// SA MC Operator .45 /// LMT MRP w/ACOG TA11HG /// Ruger Scout w/Nikon /// Benelli Nova Tactical 12g /// EVO X & S2000

Page generated in 0.02901 seconds with 8 queries