View Single Post
Old September 12, 2005, 04:11 PM   #20
HOKIEHUNTER

look in the end it comes down to scouting and shot placement. whether I use a saboted round or an old .50 ball out of a hex barrel really doesn't make a difference. I spent my time before the season, set myself up in the right place, held my gun steady, pulled the trigger, and tracked the deer. i'm not able to get a 300 yard shot where I hunt, so what difference does it make on the range of the gun? I bought a TC encore so i could get another rifle cheaply.i have a 209X.50 and a 30-06 for about $600. hard to beat. so like i said if you wanna talk primitive go back to jumpin on a deers back and sliting his throat with a knife. but since we're all using projectiles, what difference does it make? I still have to aim and shoot.

but out of all ya'll who are puttin down the "new" equipment, how many of ya'll have hunted deer drives? how many of you have run dogs? how many have hunted with a guide? how many use a 7mm or 300 ultra mag for deer? by ya'lls standards everyone should be using a 30-30 (which i love and have taken many deer with) or nothing at all. how many have leupold scopes of your rifles? how many are thinkin about crossbows? how many hunt from a tree stand? how many use salt licks or deer cane? how many use trail cameras?

the skill is in the setup and the shot. if you cna't execute those 2 integral pieces of hunting all the technology in the world doesn't make a difference. I personally know how to get it done, i just take equpiment that feels better and is more reliable in th ewoods with me...

and trip, I just bought $50 worth of core-lokt .357 bullets today... can't wait to drop a doe with the beauty

Page generated in 0.02482 seconds with 8 queries