View Single Post
Old May 2, 2010, 06:20 PM   #2
cloudcroft

bobelk99,

I thought someone would answer you by now, but no...so I will, even though I probably wil not be of real help to you.

...because (and although I am not rich) I use the high-end ($$$) Pro Ears products for my electronic hearing needs. Unlike some electronic ear muffs, Pro Ears don't cut out (clip) loud sounds, they just attenuate them. I like that.

But my MAIN reason for having them is not for the range (I rarely go out shooting), but for in my home to (1) locate intruders and (2) protect my ears (but not theirs) from the noise of firing a gun indoors. SO in a sense, they are for hunting (especially helpful as they MAGNIFY sounds to help you locate 'game').

I am sure you can not go wrong with any of the higher-end electronic ear muffs regardless of brand, but Pro Ears is my choice, and I have written on these extensively in several online gun forums.

Check out their 2 videos here: http://www.proears.com/

As mentioned, Pro Ears are quite expensive, so they may not be in your budget. Still, since no one else has responded, maybe my post will get them started...in disagreeing with me at the very least! :barf:

Good luck,

-- John D.

Last edited by cloudcroft; May 2, 2010 at 06:26 PM.

Page generated in 0.03996 seconds with 8 queries