View Single Post
Old December 9, 2009, 12:00 AM   #10
Mark whiz

If the front sight has to be run to one extreme or the other, that ain't normal. Sounds to me like the flash suppressor that the sight is mounted to is canted to one side or the other - this would also affect the elevation adjustments as well.
If you look closely at the rear elevation knob you will see a series of numbered notches - each notch is supposed to correspond to 100 meters of target distance. I.E., the "1" should put you close to zero at 100 meters; the "2" should be on at 200 meters, etc, etc. (this is when using "keyhole" match-type sighting). So if you have to adjust the rear sight to the "2" or "3" notch for a 100 yard target, the alignment of the flash suppressor is highly suspect.
But if your suppressor checks out, the rear sight can be re-calibrated to give you the above 100, 200,300, etc results. Sight it in to where it needs to be at 100yards (meters), then loosen the attaching screw on the adjuster so that you can spin it without causing a change to the elevation, place the "1" on the notch of the sight itself and then tighten things back up. Now all you have to do is count clicks up when you stretch your target distances past 100 yards.
!

Page generated in 0.04380 seconds with 8 queries