View Single Post
Old March 21, 2000, 07:09 AM   #9
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Gunmart, that course of fire was at 25 yards. NO choke/load/shooter combo I know of will put 100% of the pellets on target at that distance in a short time interval. OTOH, shooting the course at 15 yards w/ 100% hits can be done.And try shooting that course yourself and see how you and your pet shotgun stack up. And while liability is an issue in this ligitation- dependent society, survival is also.

Thanks, Art. Great minds move in parallel paths(G).

Good exercise, Kiwi. You mentioned one guy shooting it. How did YOU do on it? That's a rhetorical question. And if you didn't do so well, was it equipment or expertise that came up short? IMO the first and best accessory for a shotgun is lots of ammo and some cash for range fees. If someone is spending more on gadgets and gizmos than practice, their priorities may require rethinking.

GT,good point about the ease and lower cost of shotgun addons. IMO, lots of folks add stuff to their shotguns because, hummpphhh, they know heavy shotguns kick less. I did.

A stock riot 870(About 6lbs,12 oz) with the old 12 pellet load of 00 is not fun,even for me. But, add a Sidesaddle,mag extension and a few more shells, the tiger turns into a pussycat.

Not all my shotgun usage has been LE or HD related. But,if I miss a duck, I miss a duck. IF someone misses an armed, violent, perp, we all lose something. The bad guys win, and I've a real, gut deep problem with that.

Shin Tao, if all this has been discussed "Ad nauseam" why aren't the threads in the archives? And there's lots of turnover with new folks coming in all the time. Otherwise, there's wouldn't be so many repetitive threads on "500 vs 870", etc.

JCOYoung, the only sling swivels worth a darn are my Dave McC Signature models, carefully made of armory grade steel alloy and now available to the public for a mere $79.95. No checks, credit cards,cash, and money orders only. Disregard the Michael's of Oregon packaging, a mixup at the shop(G).

Page generated in 0.02762 seconds with 8 queries