Thread: Federal primers
View Single Post
Old April 2, 2014, 12:13 PM   #23
rclark

Duffy, whatever flips your primers .

It's called convenience and space savings . First, If you ever used the RCBS primer tray (for hand priming), with a CCI or WLP you simply pull the whole 100 primer holder out of its box, put the RCBS tray over the open box and then turn it over. All primers are now resting on the RCBS tray ready to install except for a couple that you have to hand flip. Easy and no mess and fast. If you try to do 25 at a time and try to 'dump' them on the tray you'd end up with a mess, some on the tray, some on the floor.... So, better to put all in a bowl at that point and then try to dribble onto the tray and then flip each of 'em over by hand (or by shaking) to get the right side up. No, I'll use the convenient CCI (which I prefer) or WLP packaging before using the Federal primers (and again, nothing against Federal primers as they all go bang just like any other primer). Second, like has been said, the Federal box of 1000 primers takes up a lot of room.... I like to have plenty of primers on hand. If my primers were Federal, I wouldn't have room to squeeze into my work room .
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Page generated in 0.02820 seconds with 8 queries