View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 11:17 PM   #6
en-frame

Hi Ozzieman,

I've only had it to the range once. Sighted it in with a variety of different loads including some SilverBear. Shot really nice, though I never settled down to anything like what I would call a great group. That will take some experimentation at the reloading bench. Also took 'er to the gravel pit where I ventilated a bunch of dead hard drives @ 100yds. Shot great (all SilverBear), no problems of any kind with respect to feeding, ejecting, etc.

Nobody ever bothered to ask me anything about it at the range when I was there with it. Most of those folks are AR or AK enthusiasts, and I think the H&K just doesn't interest them.

I can't quite remember what the stock cost. It was custom made by tbostic over at the HK Forum. He's a class act. I remember I had to find my own set of internals for it, but he installed them in the stock for me, no charge. AISTR, it was something like $400 or thereabouts. Worth every penny. I could never get comfortable with that factory thumbhole stock. If you visit the HK Forum, just search for PSG8. That's what he calls it, since it resembles the stock on the H&K PSG1.

I got the top rail from hkparts.net. Look in the G36 section. It's the after-market low profile picatinny rail for $100. It's made of aluminum.

I know what you mean about those factory H&K scope/handle units. I have one of the factory 3x scope/handles with the red dot on top. Field of view is pretty poor, and they aren't the brightest in the world. I had it on my G36 build, but removed it in favor of a Knight's rail set with built-in BUIS and a 1.5x24 ACOG.

How did you like the H&K long rail that came with your SL8? Were the irons adequate, or was it "can't wait to get it off"? I've seen a couple for sale on G.B. over the years, but they were always a bit too expensive. Looks like a good idea for maximizing sight radius for bench sessions.

Safe shooting,

en-frame

Page generated in 0.02471 seconds with 8 queries