View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 09:40 AM   #235
carguychris

Quote:
So with my NYC Residence/ Premises Permit, I'm able to shoot at a pistol range with a magazine holding 10 rounds but, if I ever have to actually use my gun in my home in self defense, I'm only allowed to load 7 rounds?
As I read it, yes, although IANAL.
Quote:
Now a Mosin Nagant can be considered an "Assault Weapon/Rifle" -- Ridiculous.
I believe this is incorrect; as stu925 pointed out in post #222, bolt-action firearms are specifically exempted.

Also, it's worth pointing out that the act does not seem to restrict the mere ability to accept a bayonet; it restricts bayonet mounts. This is significant because certain military firearms such as the Mosin Nagant do not have a separate bayonet mount; the bayonet fits around the front sight.
Quote:
...there's nothing at ALL anywhere mentioning revolvers, whether they're included or excluded from the capacity regulations... I'm erring on the side of caution and not buying a 9-shot revolver.
Revolvers are the subject of a lengthy discussion in another thread in L&CR. In my non-lawyerly opinion, the definition of "large capacity ammunition feeding device" is vague enough that it may eventually encompass 8-10 shot revolvers, but it's unclear whether they'll be regulated in the short term.

Page generated in 0.02932 seconds with 8 queries