View Single Post
Old January 6, 2011, 09:08 AM   #23
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Ladies, Gennulmen and Liberals, my $.02....

'Tactical" is as over and misused as "New and Improved" and for much the same reason.

When it comes to human life or death hinging on the outcome of a crisis involving firearms, I prefer the term "Serious". But maybe that's just me.

Darn near ANY reliable shotgun is capable of good service in an emergency If the operator is capable of using it effectively.

Aye, there's the rub. Using it effectively means we have to shoot the thing, or a similar tool.

16th century swordsman and instructor Guillaime De Coucy said that one should practice with the blade until one forgets where the sword ends and the hand starts. Still good advice.

Here's more.....

Pick a well made and known brand of shotgun. It should be reliable, easily maintained, comfortable to operate and capable of being handled ungently.

Next, buy ammo, use up and repeat until you know your weapon down on the muscular memory level, well enough to function at zero dark 30, ten seconds out of a sound sleep in low light, because you may need to....

Tactical, Schmactical. In that situation it doesn't matter what color your shotgun is, whose catalog is bolted to it, or if Cirillo, Ayoob or Copper have blessed it with Holy Hoppe's 9.

It just matters if you can use it.......

Page generated in 0.02245 seconds with 8 queries