View Single Post
Old April 29, 2014, 04:55 AM   #11
Virginian

I've been using a Burris SpeedBead for a couple of years off and on. All I do is wingshooting. I had excellent success with a Weaver Qwik-Point years ago, but it was bulky and heavy and fogged in a heartbeat, and I had endless mount issues, so I put it away. The SpeedBead solves all those issues. I don't "need" it, I just like to fool around with stuff. I love it when the uninitiated say "don't look at the sights, look at the target." With an optical sight you do see the target and the dot both clearly because they are both "out there" in the same focal plane. So instead of using your peripheral vision to properly position the gun relative to the target all you have to do is put the dot in the right relative position. I have shot straights in skeet with it, as well as ducks and doves. It's very easy. Heck, I even shot a straight in skeet with an occluded sight and surprised myself.
Any sight that is good for a handgun or high powered rifle will be fine on a shotgun.
If you don't like them; fine, but don't say they don't work. I am not wild about the aesthetics myself, and I like the fact that the Speedbead doesn't make any lasting impressions on the gun.

Page generated in 0.03904 seconds with 8 queries