View Single Post
Old February 16, 2014, 09:45 AM   #9
Virginian

If you go to areas of the country where goose hunting is big you will generally find the sporting goods stores have a good selection of 10 gauge goose loads. You can get anything by mail. I have yet to see what I was looking for in tungsten on the shelf anywhere but Green Top Sporting Goods North of Richmond, VA, and then it better be before the mid point of the season because they do not want to get caught holding high dollar inventory for a year.
I never used my 10s for anything but waterfowl. I was just thinking, back then I was still a LOT closer to the linebacker/safety I once was than I am today - hell that was 30 years ago. There was nothing quite like standing and watching all the other fellows rattle shot off the swans and then smoking one down with one shot from a 10 gauge. After one trip, my buddy bought one, and after one trip with a guide we were friends with where I dropped two high geese with two shots while he shot six rounds and got nothing, he got one also. If you get them dropping in the decoys at 30 yards you don't need a 10, but if you take what you can get a 10 may be what you are looking for.

Page generated in 0.03273 seconds with 8 queries