View Single Post
Old November 9, 2012, 09:36 AM   #4
taylorce1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husqvarna
is the T/C the one with the barrel exchange?

the weatherbys action is nice thou, very short angle of the boltlift
The T/C Icon is their best bolt action rifle and it has the 60 degree bolt lift. The Weatherby RC Varmint is a Vanguard (Howa) action and only has two locking lugs so it actually has a 90 degree bolt lift. I'd pick the Icon for the simple fact it is almost a full pound lighter.

I'll be honest about the scope you chose I don't like it at all. There big and heavy (1.5 lbs) on top of your rifle. Even if they do compensate for bullet drop based on a ballistics program, they don't do a thing for wind drift. I can knock nearly a 1/2 lb off the scope by choosing a different one in the same power range and a seperate rangefinder. Dialing in the bullet drop isn't that hard once you work up a ballistics chart.

That said I think this way because I don't hunt from a tree stand or blind of any sort. I have to carry my rifle all day because of the style of hunting we do in Colorado. So weight and wind may not be much of an issue for you so buy what you want. I just figure that with the Icon you'll come in close to 10.5 lbs if you use that scope and add bi-pod, sling and bullets, the Weatherby will probably put you over 11 lbs pretty easy if you do the same.

Page generated in 0.03152 seconds with 8 queries