View Single Post
Old October 9, 2007, 04:04 AM   #12
sholling

I only have 2 1911s. A late 1980's Springfield Armory predecessor to the Mil-Spec. It's had the action smoothed out, Trijicons, and a CT grip added, and it's having the trigger done right now. The other is an early Kimber stainless/alloy Ultra Carry. Favorite? I don't know. I have two new 1911's on my list, I'm just not sure which two. I've been looking at a few. I have a S&W M&P 45 on order so I don't really need another fighting 45, but that don't mean I don't want more. The M&P will get a 4.5lb trigger, Trijicons, and CT grips as soon as I have 100rds through it.

I came close to putting a deposit down on a Springfield TRP on Saturday. But the trigger was over 4lbs, probably closer to 4.5. And I'm not sold on the mag well extension, but dang it fit my hand like an extension of my arm. The problem I'm told is you have a heck of a time getting the Springer trigger down to 3.5lbs. I kept telling myself it would be perfect for both IDPA and home defense. The Stainless match would be nice to. I need both.

My local shop only stocks Colt and Kimber 1911s. So today I looked at a Kimber Warrior just because it was the best Kimber that they had in stock. This is strange but it didn't feel as natural in my hand as the TRP. But the trigger was head and shoulders better. ~3.5lbs I'm guessing, and super sweet. But I like stainless and Kimber stainless rusts. If I hit the Loto then the Gold Stainless. The street price is around $1500-1600 but you only need one

Next on my list to look at are the S&W 1911s. They would need a trigger job to get down from 4.5lbs to 3.5lbs but that's ok. I could see myself a with a Target model, and later a fighting version. These are $900-1200.

Best? Heck I don't know, I want one of each of the above. Right now I'm guessing I'll get a S&W but who knows.

Here is a good read.

Page generated in 0.03369 seconds with 8 queries