View Single Post
Old January 8, 2014, 12:08 PM   #19
Uncle Buck

I open carry, not as frequently as I use to, due to cold weather and becoming a homebody for the winter.

That being said: I always provide identification for the police officers when asked. (I usually will not consent to a vehicle search.) After I have made the officer feel safe, we can talk about my constitutional rights and such.

I guess I am lucky, I live in rural Missouri and have contact with the sheriff and deputies both officially and un-officially. One of them walked down to the range at my house and asked what we were shooting. He called in to dispatch for his "Break" and proceeded to spend it with us, shooting.

Maybe it is the mindset of some people that all cops are bad and nothing good can ever come of the encounter. Peer pressure and the "No Snitch" thing is really prevalent in our cities and among some of our wanna be gangsters.

My mindset is that most police officers are decent people and do a crappy job with little to no respect. They have to follow policies they may or may not agree with and they are not lawyers. Why should I put them in a situation where neither one of us is going to come out ahead?

We have some current police officers on this forum and I am curious how you guys see people like this.

Page generated in 0.02221 seconds with 8 queries