View Single Post
Old September 15, 2009, 06:06 PM   #1
therealtwitch

questions about ammo (Mostly slugs)

OK so in my home defense gun I currently have loaded 2 shells of 3" 000 buck followed by 5 shots of 2 3/4" 00 buck federal flight control. so my question is about slugs. I have read alot of people talk about using slugs in the HD shotgun. now to be honest the only thing I have ever shot with a slug was black bear, and that was with a 3" Remington copper sabot slug. Which stopped the bear cold. I would be afraid to use such a round for home defense. So are all slugs created equal? I was at the sportsman's warehouse today and was looking at several different offerings. I looked at the federal sabot slug that used a barnes bullet, the winchester supreme elite sabot slug that used a lead less slug, and the remington acutip copper sabot slug. and after talking to the sales gun I now find myself wondering how to decide what slug to pick? so I ask you all what you would recommend? And if a guy was to go say bear hunting would you then recommend a different slug of perhaps just a bigger (say a 3" or 3 1/2" as appose to a 2 3/4" for HD) version of the same slug.

Again sorry if this has been beat to death but I have very little experience with slugs. So thanks for your patience and replies

Page generated in 0.03127 seconds with 8 queries