View Single Post
Old September 14, 2011, 08:00 PM   #36
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska444
Sorry to be so paranoid, but I see it as an opportunity for the Feds to control the CCW issue which could place my rights here in Idaho at risk down the road. Anytime the Feds give you something, you lose something at the same time. I believe it is now 40 states with fairly reasonable gun rights and that is just in the last 25 years or so. We are indeed winning the battle one state at a time. Who would have thought Wisconsin would be a SHALL issue state?
There may be forty states with somewhat reasonable gun rights, but the fact is that interstate carry is a hopeless morass. I have carry licenses/permits from my home state plus three others, and I'm still only legal to carry in something like 32 or 35 states. And even that is unclear, at least to me, due to the fact that some of the states that honor licenses from my "other" states only honor them for residents of those states.

I should not have to consult the web sites, the attorney generals, and the state police commanders of every state I might wish to visit in order to determine whether or not my RKBA is respected in that state. If my state of residence sees fit to grant me a license, the other 49 should respect that.

There's even a clause in the Constitution that says so: "Full faith and credit." If the granting of a state (official government) license to me by an agency of the state government isn't an "act of the government," then what is?

Page generated in 0.04380 seconds with 8 queries