View Single Post
Old January 9, 2010, 09:42 PM   #1
garryc

Embarrassing call for Backup

Last night I was doing my patrol of prison grounds, alone, outside the fence which covers a farm area of about 1500 acres. We have several state houses on grounds, two unoccupied. At 0130 hrs I found a set of footprints in the snow going to a back door. I followed and found that back door unsecured. I opened it and as I stood there for a moment, hand on weapon, I heard a noise of movement inside someplace.

I stepped out and secured, and called on the radio reporting the situation. I asked for backup. I didn't think it wise to search a house I had never been in and give someone an opportunity to get a jump on me, next thing you know we don't have just an escaped inmate, but an armed escaped inmate with a vehicle and a state radio.

My captain arrived with shotgun in hand. He covered while I searched room to room with my weapon at high ready with my flashlight. There was no power on except to the furnace. In the last bedroom, in the back of a small closet I found a dern cat!

Ok, I expect the ribbing, meow's on the radio and such, but tell me LE's What would you have done?

Page generated in 0.03837 seconds with 8 queries