View Single Post
Old August 28, 1999, 04:25 AM   #4
45 Fan

Thanks for the input George and Jeff. Jeff, in regard to your post, most of the local gunsmiths in my area informed me via a blanket statement that building a custom carry piece would potentially cause problems down the road even if I was involved in a justifiable shoot. They advocated carrying a completely stock pistol and went so far as to say that I should never take it apart, or have any work done on it unless performed by the factory. They also expressed concern for their own potential liability for undertaking the project! They indicated that I would be viewed by any jury as having created a "custom weapon of death" specialized for the sole purpose of killing. This did not sound logical then and still does not. This was to be a very conservative carry piece following all accepted standard for safe trigger pull,etc. Based on the above I scrapped the custom carry project and purchased a Kimber Pro Carry. I figured that I would use the frame as the basis for a IDPA piece instead....45 Fan

Page generated in 0.02870 seconds with 8 queries