View Single Post
Old April 12, 2000, 02:17 PM   #5
Hueco

Went and looked at an AL390 last night. It just didn't feel very good. I am only 5'8", but I have long arms and broad shoulders. For some reason, this makes finding a well-fitted gun hard. That Beretta felt like trying to point a hollow log. So then I asked to see a Benelli and I was handed a Montefeltro. It was better by quite a bit. The whole gun came to my shoulder not only quicker, but more smoothly and hit the right spot almost every time. After that...a Franchi AL48 was given to me. I have never felt a gun feel like that!! Every time I brough tit up it hit me right. It felt fast, but not so too fast. It was a 12 ga, but felt like a 20 in weight and pointability. Only problems I have with it are these:

1) It was equipped with a low rib, I like a high rib. Any way I could have a higher one installed?

2) Only handles 2 3/4" loads. That is fine for trap, but if I ever take her hunting I am kinda screwed.

3) Has a long-recoil action. Somethign I have never heard of or know anything about. Can anyone tell me the advantages/disadvantages of it?

But the things I like about it are:

1) Light, really pointed well and met my shoulder in the right spot (high) quickly.

2) Had a bit different balance to it than the Benelli ot Beretta. It layed in my hands instead of being supported by them (best way i can describe it....).

3) The price...$550!

4) It's imported by Benelli, and is on Benelli's (www.franchiusa.com) website. This leads me to believe that they (Franchi) are a strong firm and make goodt shotguns.

5) Smooooth bolt and action!

6) Thin forearm, didn't feel 9 feet wide, really added to the comfort, pointability, and quick-feel.

So let me know what you think of Franchis in general...and the AL48 specifically. Thanks!!

Hueco

Page generated in 0.02528 seconds with 8 queries