View Single Post
Old August 8, 2012, 07:49 AM   #11
Saltydog235

I can say Boykins because I have worked and been around Boykins all my life. I don't need an AKC journal or some other article to know that the traits the OP posted in the initial post fit the breed to a T. A springer would be another option but the Boykin tends to be a little more docile and biddable once they get through the "teenage" years. Heck, the man wants a hunting dog, none of them to my knowledge are lazy, do nothing lap dogs if they have any inkling of prey drive.

Sometimes a whole lotta book learnin' and data doesn't make up for real life experience and being around certain breeds for your entire life.

As I said, I normally tend to favor the GSP, GWHP, Weim and the like but the OP's needs and wants to not fit any of those breeds. And from the initial post, a Lab is way too big for them. Every Brittany I have ever been around is so high strung it takes an hour to run the dumb off of them though they do make pretty good family dogs when they calm down.

OP, just take a look at the Boykin and those closely related to it. Normally they are excellent little dogs that work their butts off in the field but yet become integral family members.

Page generated in 0.02336 seconds with 8 queries