View Single Post
Old July 19, 2010, 02:16 AM   #2
10-96

Your question got me to thinking about a 1911 I was looking at this weekend at our local gunshow. It was supposed to have been built in 1916 and it was all kinds of far from good shape. However, the rails weren't in all that bad of shape at all. Yes, I guess they do wear, but I feel they kinda need to be allowed to break in like every other area and part. I suppose that will happen no matter what you put on it for lube, oil, or grease, but I just don't think I'd get too wrapped up over it. 1911's have been going strong for a mighty long time with basic military issue type oil- and everything from motor oil to mineral oil and anything in between. As long as you have SOMETHING on there- that's the primary objective. There are tons of things on the market. Some folks swear by Mobile One synthetic motor oil, all the new specialty greases, 3 in 1 household oil, Rem Oil, you name it. Me? I like Kano Labs Microil. It stays put much better than Rem Oil. Either way, I think it's mostly all about letting it break in and keeping SOMETHING on there. It'll outlast you anyway.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.03786 seconds with 8 queries