View Single Post
Old April 17, 2001, 03:37 AM   #1
yankytrash

I read a post down the list about the water&vinegar shell cleaning. Since I've been a little displeased with my casings' appearance lately, I thought I'd give it a whack.

I dumped out all my old walnut shells and replaced them with about 1/2 a tub of 5% white distilled vinegar in my ancient Vibratec.

I love the difference! If this works out, I might just retire my neck brushes! It even did a great job of cleaning the primer pockets after depriming.

With my cleaning time cut in half, I have to tell myself that it's too good to be true.

Even with a good rinse of water, wouldn't these shells be a little corrosive on the gun chambers and magazines? I notice a slight vinegar smell when I pull a tray-full out of the oven.

Any thoughts, suggestions? I'm just trying to cut down on time spent on cleaning, and so far this seems to do the trick. Please try to stay away from suggestions of dry media; I've tried them all (even some of my own concoctions) and the time involved in waiting, sifting, shaking, and tapping has got to go...

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 8 queries