View Single Post
Old October 26, 2012, 07:05 AM   #5
hounddawg

If you want to use stick the Johnson Quick Measure, which is the best manual measure for stick powders. It can't cut a kernel because it does not use a rotating drum and has no shearing edges. Most powder measures you are going to find use a rotating drum and don't work well with long stick. The Hornady and Pact digital dispensers work well though if you want to go that route. I have heard the the RCBS will do ok with the short cut stick but never tried it

For ball and flake the rotating drum works fine and I get consistent loads to .1 grain in both my Hornady and a little Lee. 99.9% of my progressive loading is for pistols and I use Win231 it is not a issue for me. TAC measures like a champ also for any .223 I want to run. Only thing I use stick in is for my LR rifles and every charge gets weighed for those. I use the Lee or a dipper to get me in the ballpark then trickle to charge

Page generated in 0.02941 seconds with 8 queries