View Single Post
Old April 16, 2011, 06:43 AM   #10
madcratebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLaw
Quote:
Do defarbed firearms hold any special value in the eyes of a collector? Or is it just for folks who enjoy reenactment? Thanks.
No extra value. Some people, the dishonest ones, do it for profit to fool the unsuspecting who thinks they are getting a gen-u-wine Civil War or Revolutionary War gun.

Quote:
I love the english language! Words can be made up so easilly!
OK now I see!
Yep, it is just a matter of looking past the cransilstats and fibilities and you can extragragitate anything you want to in the English language.

The Doc is out now.

You well only fool a fool by simply removing the marking from a Italian made revolver. The dishonesty is when the revolver is remarked like a original and then represented as an original. This is not a defarbed revolver, it's a counterfeit revolver. Some people have become very adapt at aging and remarking guns but a close examination well normally reveal the truth. Things like the thread pitch of screws is a dead giveaway.

I know of at least one gunsmith that specializes in defarbing and remarking civil war period fire arms. It's very well done, very expensive and is marked as a defarb. These fire arms can command a price manyl times higher than the MSRP.

I've sold a few of the revolvers I have defarbed, advertised as defarbed I received about twice what a non defrab would have brought.

Some people just do not like the bill board appearance and are willing to pay extra for a defarb. Uberti has got better at putting most of the bill board on the bottom of the revolver, major improvement in appearance.

Page generated in 0.02478 seconds with 8 queries