View Single Post
Old July 27, 2009, 07:16 PM   #29
zxcvbob

Who is the executor of the estate? Are there any heirs that live outside of California?

There is a loophole (I hate that word) in the federal gun laws that allow guns -- even handguns -- that pass intestate to bypass the normal federal firearms license rules. That out-of-stater could just come take posession of the guns if the executor decided that he was the rightful heir, and drive them back home. I don't know if California complicated things, but I would think (IINAL) that once they were out of CA, you could thumb your nose at California. They could then be sold in his home state, and if he's an honest guy, some of the money given back to the other cousins, etc. That is, if he's not a scoundrel. (inheritances bring out the worst in people)

This would be better just for dealing with any guns you can't otherwise legally sell in California. Hopefully this will give you some ideas when talking the estate's attorney. Good luck to you.

Page generated in 0.03463 seconds with 8 queries