View Single Post
Old July 3, 2009, 07:32 PM   #173
skydiver3346

Hey Wild: "Chasing the criminal is the stupid"?

I gotta tell you, you guys just kill me. It has nothing to do with our testosterone! It's got to do with being responsible for your family. Guess it's different up where you live.

Man, I am getting really tired of of all the. "let's be nice and don't do anything" response to the bad guys (for for committing crimes to us). Just call the police and everything will be taken care of............ Yeah, right.

This guy just kicked down your front door of your home! He decides to just walk away and you do nothing? He also was armed at the time (which was later found out). Of course upon reflection, you probably gotta know that anyone who kicks down your front door is probably armed to some degree.

In my opinion, it has a lot to do with, "DOING THE RIGHT THING". Which is arresting the SOB, and/or preventing repeat offenders, (even if you have to do it yourself). That is my personal opinion. You and your buddies counter every post (that refers to taking action) with a counter response of doing nothing (but making a phone call). "Call the police, don't do anything", and the bad guys just get away.... Another post said, "The perp has the right to shoot you if you chase him"......... What a crock!

You guys say, "it's not our responsibility to chase the bad guy". I'm sorry, but for some of us, that is just not acceptable. We will take action.

What's really at stake here, is not letting these dirt bags get away with their crimes. Something you say, (should be handled by the authorities). I agree, that the police should take care of problems like this. However, (depending on where you live), that is not always possible. You say, "Call the cops, its not worth the hassle of trying to stop the perp". No way can I allow that to happen.

You can come back and bitch at me if you want, ( I have thick skin, I can take it). But when it gets right down to it, (sooner or later) you have to look in the mirror.

You say "it's just not right to chase down the bad guy, as we can get in trouble with the legal system"? Yes, that may be a possibility and/or result of your actions. But you must understand, that some of us must stand up for what they believe is right.

I am a man and the defender of my home and family. It has nothing to do with being macho, but rather RESPONSIBLE. I don't go looking for trouble and really, try to avoid it (if at all possible). However, I will not allow these personal attacks on my home and property to go unchallenged. These are weird times we live in nowadays. Its just not the same as it used to be. For the criminals, there is no respect for authority and/or life and property.

I just wonder, what will you do one night when the bad guy comes calling on your family and kicks down the door? Call the Mounties?

Page generated in 0.02239 seconds with 8 queries