View Single Post
Old September 6, 2011, 11:25 AM   #1
rauke

Advice on protection against crocs, please

Not entirely a hunting issue, but...

Received the link below by SMS today, from an associate who lives on a plantation in the same part of that country.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/53601/g...usan-sur-creek

She owns a .22lr semi-auto rifle, a 12-gauge double, and regularly carries a .357 revolver, but she is thinking she might be a little under gunned if any thing like this creature happened upon her.

I'm curious, too---exactly where do you shoot some thing like this when it's coming straight at you in high grass or waist-deep water? Looks as if it would present a very small frontal area in attack mode, and I'm thinking that bullets might not travel straight in because of its very streamlined shape.

So does the lady need an equipment upgrade? How should she deal with a possible attack, seeing as there are likely to be a few more of these creatures lurking around in her area of operation? If the stuff I've been reading up on is correct, these crocs can travel up to a kilometer inland in search of suitable animals to prey upon. Nasty thought when you're out walking the dogs in the evening...

Page generated in 0.02350 seconds with 8 queries