View Single Post
Old December 16, 2005, 11:50 AM   #53
Samuel2001

First time I read this a few months back I had no opinion on Wilson Combat. Like most I thought they were the Scnitz! However that has changed. Its probably true that most people never have any problems with their Wilson products, and probably why they cant belive what cornholes they can be ovet at Wilson.

My best friend was recently looking for a quality 1911, something for HD and CCW and preferably in a 1911. Without any hesitation I told him a Wilsons CQB would fill the bill nicely. So he went to his local FFL and ordered one and paid a hair under 2k out the door.

Shortly after he took posesion of it he gave me a call and told me it was'nt feeding with either magazine. He'd been shooting WWB .45s. I told him it was very tight and should fire a couple of hundred rounds to break it in, so he did. He actualy tried shooting mostly expensive HPs like HydroShok, Golden Saber and stuff like that. after some 500-600 rounds the gun wasnt doing any better. I recomemded cleaning it, which he was doing about every 100 rounds. Did'nt belive him so I went shooting with him, still did'nt work for me either.

To make the story short he sent it back with a nice note stating that the firearn is not feeding anythig reliably. A couple of weeks later it came back with a don't be an idiot letter. In the letter they stated that he had purchased a high quality "TARGET" pistol and as such some failures were going to hapen because of the tight tolerances of the pistol. And did nothing to better the situation.

Why would you cal a gun "CQB" if it's a "TARGET" Pistol? Even if its a target gun would'nt you want it to be reliable? In Wilsons eyes that is just par for the course. That attitude just sucks. I really do think the are really caought up with the whole "We are custom gun builder" attitude, and dont give a rats ass, and it just blows.

I for one will never recomend a Wilson's gun again, and not because they are poorly built. Odds are this is an exeption. But their attitude towards the consumer just sucks. I have dealt with problems on Les Baers and Kimbers in the past and those companies were nothing but helpfull on the phone or via e-mail. They were always curtious and never reniged on their warranty or service.

Wilsons has to get off of their high horse or they will start loosing alot of business.

OK that was my rant about Wilsons, thanks for the ear.

Build a bridge, and...GET OVER IT!

Page generated in 0.04152 seconds with 8 queries