View Single Post
Old January 1, 2012, 10:32 PM   #4885
ajgibb

Is it a pre-18?

Guys,
In 1967 my father-in-law, a retired State Trooper, gave me a "target pistol" which he said was a ".22 on a .38 frame". I stashed it in a clean dry place and never even fired it. Had a busy life (5 kids, 19 grandkids and counting, widower) and am now retired myself. I recently resurrected the gun and thought I would do some shooting on my rural 10 ac property. I also started lurking on a bunch of the forms to find out about the gun. It is .22 caliber, serial number K157xxx, 4 inch barrel, square butt, factory service grips and it shows 3 screws on the right side and 1 screw on the front of the trigger guard. Rear sight is adjustable. I'm guessing it is a K-22 Combat Masterpiece. I can only count 4 screws (as I listed above) but the whole business about which are 4 screw and which are 5 screw and where those screws are seems to have a lot of contradictory posts on the various forums.

As a side note I also have my father's Colt .38 Army Special and about a dozen or so of the rounds he carried. He was a Chicago policeman and retired in 1957 after about 35 years on the force. I have never fired it either (but soon will) and from the looks of it he never fired it much either. It is serial number 486xxx.

Any comments or info welcomed

Page generated in 0.02333 seconds with 8 queries