Thread: chronographs
View Single Post
Old September 28, 1999, 08:07 PM   #2
HankL

Jack Straw, and everyone else. If you will allow me to get on my soap box for a moment.

When you decide to spend money on a chronograph you have made up your mind that you would like some consistancy questions answered! Yes, this is a large step in the right direction.

If whatever you get is tough enough to stand up to use I would say that's good enough for a start. If you start off trying to verify factory load or military load published data you will soon become either very disapointed or a ballistician!

Take a load that you know will give the same fps day after day and shoot it over the chrono. If you get the right results you know that you have a good rig and you have set it up correctly. Goofing an 8 won't work on a sky screen spacing of 4' here!

Once you have figured out the repeatability questions you can evaluate your own load with whatever you purchase. If your rig can be consistant whatever the velocity readings you get, you have started off in the proper direction. Remember or look up "The scientific method."

If you desire the other features once you have all of this figured out it will come easy to you my friend!

Be safe, go slow and gain knowledege {stop by the grammar and spelling department for me please} I'll get new glasses a well!

Thank's for hearing this out.
Hank

Page generated in 0.02398 seconds with 8 queries