View Single Post
Old February 6, 2006, 03:56 AM   #20
guntotin_fool

THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO SAY IS "EVERY STATE IS DIFFERENT, LEARN YOUR OWN STATES LAWS."

Some states have a good samaritan law. You can not not act. and you are covered against penalty if you do act.

Some states will ONLY allow you to draw your weapon after you have tried to evade the threat. Some states word the self defense laws that Only threats against YOU qualify. they may not prosecute you for saving your wife or childs life, but some states are worded that only threats against your life can be resisted with an armed response.

Some states allow you to intervene to disrupt any felony.

Get the point? Asking a guy from NY about the laws in NV or WY is a good way to get into trouble. Like wise in reverse.

When i am in florida, i am governed by a distinctly differing set of laws from when i am in MN. I have to be very careful about the differences. A good place to start is Packing.org. it will give a synopsis of your laws and should provide you with some leads to those best suited to teach you more about your legal responsibiliities in your state.

Page generated in 0.03352 seconds with 8 queries