View Single Post
Old April 27, 2002, 02:41 AM   #60
uglymofo

The whole point of this was to be able to remove the belling die or whatever it's called (expansion die?), in order to leave a station open for the inclusion of the RCBS lockout die. I got mine a couple of days ago, and set up the LNL AP in its' final configuration. Everything works consistently and several powder measurements show the charges are throwing remarkably consistantly. Every time I've measured (about 1 in 8) it's been balls on at 4.7 gr. I've had two short throws in about 120 loads--but the lockout die has done its' job (so far as I know) by detecting them. I'm trying to average 4.6gr -+.1gr of WW231, and the lockout die has locked the press at short throws of 4.4 and 4.3gr.

But that priming system still SUCKS BIG D*@!S. The Hornady engineers who designed this must have designed the Brownell website.

Jams, failure to drop upright, failure to feed--I had it all in the first 200 reloads; however, it is getting better. Maybe I'm getting used to the rhythym, or things are loosening up. The only remaining problem seems to be with the priming system still--the last one or two primers won't feed reliably--I don't know why. They seem to just jam until I loosen the primer system's retaining thumb screw; then sometimes it works, other times complete disassembly is required. One thing's for sure, using the Dillon primer loading tube is a real help. I've got a machinist friend looking at adapting the Dillon primer feeding system to the LNL AP... pray for me.

Last edited by uglymofo; April 27, 2002 at 03:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.02551 seconds with 8 queries