Thread: Pawn shop find
View Single Post
Old July 11, 2013, 10:43 AM   #8
Walt Sherrill

I don't have a Bersa, and have never shot one. I don't really have a dog in this fight. I do have a comment about the nature of some of the criticisms of the Bersa line, however.

There are a number of complaints about the Bersa's apparent quality, fit and finish, etc. Most of these negative comments seem to be little more than GUN SNOBBERY, and you can read similar comments here when other low-cost weapons are discussed.

What is NOT addressed in most of these criticism is whether the gun functions as it should and whether it is reliable. If feedback on the internet is any indication, Bersa firearms seem to be just as reliable and functional as most guns made by other gun makers, including some that cost quite a bit more.

One of the ex-Bersa owners described problems he had, and sending it back for repair. I've had similar problems with guns costing many time more. Stuff happens, and it apparently happens with guns are made to a higher standard of fit and finish.

Unless someone can show us how specific aspects of a high level of fit and finish contributes to functionality, I'm not sure that fit and finish are critical concerns for many shooters. High levels of fit and finish certainly come at a cost to the buyer. The Bersa seems to be a low-cost but functional firearm.

For many folks a Bersa is NOT what is desired; for others, it's just fine. Most of the folks who buy Bersa obviously didn't care a lot about finish levels and optimal fit. If Bersa don't care, why should someone who DIDN'T BUY ONE complain?

As my friends in NYC like to say, "It is what it is!"

Page generated in 0.03727 seconds with 8 queries