View Single Post
Old September 18, 2011, 11:02 AM   #105
Jo6pak

Quote:
What you said there Jo got me to thinking. I started thinking of the operation of the Borchardt, Luger and some Pederson toggle actions and how that would help dissipate the rearward force of the piston
The hammer would be cocked on the piston's rearward movement, then the extra force and movement of piston continuing past the point of cocking the hammer would be transferred to the toggle type strut or mini flywheel attached to the hammer bringing that force back around and dissipating it..
Exactly how I envisioned it.

Quote:
The hammer would actually remain connected via linkage to the piston. So when the hammer is cocked, the piston would travel back with the hammer. And when the hammer fell, the piston would travel forward with the hammer so its piston head would be in position in the tube for the gas to act on it.
The forward inertia of the piston would also aid in delaying the action. Think of the heavy bolts used in SMGs firing from an open-bolt. The inertia of the closing bolt must be overcome before the bolt can begin it's rearward action. Granted the mass of a SMG's bolt is much more than a small piston, but the concept remains.

As for the name, we could do the German thing and just sandwich a bunch of stuff together, akin to "Fallschirmjagergewehr 42".....maybe "RemingtonAkinsAutomaticPistola 2011"

Last edited by Jo6pak; September 18, 2011 at 11:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.04755 seconds with 8 queries