Thread: Rifle Stocks
View Single Post
Old April 1, 2011, 06:14 PM   #21
Geezerbiker

Boyds' shipped my stock when they said they would. It arrived and exceeded all expatiations. I bought a salt & pepper laminated varmint stock even though this is a deer rifle. I'm a big guy and I like the way the varmint fore end fits my left hand. Other than the fore end, the stock is the same shape as their thumb hole sporter.

My 09 Argentine Mauser dropped right in and the fit of the rifle to the stock is nearly perfect. The front end of the floor plate assembly is a tiny bit too long to fit the in letting but too small of an amount to complain about. Actually I expected to have much more work to get it dialed in so this is a pleasant surprise. There also looks like there is more than enough space to install a custom trigger when I get to that point. The next step after fitting the floor plate will be rebluing then glass bedding.

All in all I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. My only regret is alienating Richards Microfit. As I said before, when the phone was disconnected, I immediately jumped to the conclusion that they were belly up...

Tony

Page generated in 0.03774 seconds with 8 queries