View Single Post
Old December 17, 2010, 07:59 PM   #51
Webleymkv

Penetrating cover is a legitimate concern as I can think of at least two instances in which you would be justified in shooting someone through something:

Scenario 1: BG has entered your home. You've corralled yourself and any loved ones into a safe room and the BG is now actively attempting to kick in the door. You've announced that he may take anything he likes outside that room, but that the police have been called and that you are armed and will shoot him if he continues his current course of action. BG continues to try and kick the door in. At this point, I think you'd probably be justified in sending a round through the door because A) there is an immediate threat and B) you know that there are no innocent bystanders in your line of fire.

Scenario 2: You are accosted while in your vehicle in the middle of rush hour. You're in stopped bumper-to-bumper traffic and cannot escape. The BG is actively trying to pry your door open and/or break out your window. At this point, I think you'd be justified in sending a round through the car door.

Page generated in 0.08916 seconds with 8 queries