View Single Post
Old April 2, 2010, 04:04 PM   #30
elkman06

Interesting read about a "liberal" conversion or revelation as the case may be.

Being slightly left of center myself, I am one of those confused people to some on the right. Some used to be called Blue Dog Democrat, etc. It's interesting to me since I have a rather far left daughter, in college. I have teased her for sometime about being my little femi-nazi.
All that being said, we got into a conversation a while back about registration, her position being that she would hope for solid registration, playing toward my fatherly instincts about the possible tragedy of her rape and or murder and the inablility to track the perp. My only reply was that the real tragedy would be my failing to train her in situational awareness and her ability to defend herself in all situations. I was rather surprised that this completely made sense to her. She didn't debate it anymore. Interesting too since she is on the university debate squad, travelling nationally and being very exposed the the "Left" more than the average person. She simply shut up. We also were out putting about 300 rounds through her 9mm the next day. All in all, I know the values that she has and where she will be in years to come concerning these issues.
To whomever said it, take a liberal shooting, train them in the value of it, go ahead and play upon their common sense to make your point. It seems to work.
elkman06

"Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"

Page generated in 0.02160 seconds with 8 queries