View Single Post
Old January 10, 2000, 09:09 AM   #6
Long Path

Okay... got out the Outdoor Annual for 1999-2000, and found that... I was very mistaken. Texas used to only no more than 2 doe in ANY counties. Looking at the wording, I now see that you are absolutely correct. I could technically have taken a third doe in northern Uvalde County, with no worries but to make sure I doled out my tags properly. Be durned! Things change...

Texas has quite a few "five deer counties," in that they allow 3 bucks. I just finished last Sunday in such a county (Uvalde, though I was N. of Hwy 90, where it's only 4 deer). My hunting license had tags for two antlerless whitetail (used)(#5, #6), and then has a tag for whitetail buck in "1 or 3 Buck Co. or antlerless in 5 Buck Co." (#7), "Whitetail buck valid in 2 or 3 buck Co. or antlerless except in 2 antlerless Co" (#8), "Whitetail Buck Valid In 2 or 3 Buck Co. or Antlerless except in 2 antlerless Co." (#9), then two mule deer tags (one buck, one antlerless; [#10, #11]).

You can now purchase 2 Bonus Whitetail Deer tags at $10 apiece good for buck or antlerless from TPW for special areas that have been declared dangerously overpopulated. Often these may be used on state parks where the deer have exploded in population. Imagine: if you did your part there, and tagged out in a mule deer county that allowed does (not Brewster, eh, Art? ), you could legally bring in 9 deer in this great state of ours.

Then draw an antelope tag and a desert bighorn permit...

But all that takes some running around...

Best,
L.P.

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

Matt

Page generated in 0.04060 seconds with 8 queries