View Single Post
Old September 21, 2014, 06:38 PM   #11
Dragline45

In regards to that link, he doesn't go into much detail in how the so called high speed cameras and accelerometers he used would measure the amount of recoil. The videos were poorly done IMO and are hard to judge as far as effectiveness of recoil reduction, I also have to question his consistency on his hold on the rifle in each shoot. In actuality the difference in recoil reduction from one brake to the next is not really that great, some work better than others but marginally. In most of the videos he is even showing less recoil with a bare muzzle than with some of the brakes. Watching those videos you would think in some he was firing a 22lr and a .308 in others. So basically what you would get from all those videos is that a bare muzzle gives you the best results for recoil reduction, which is blatantly not true. Where were these accelerometers placed? All he did was throw a bar graph together and expect us to take his word for it, hardly scientific. This is perhaps the most important part of the test, yet he gave the most limited amount of information on it, all in all a couple sentences worth. I also think he made this test only to prove how much better he considers flash hiders to comps or brakes which leads me to believe he went into the testing very biased. Then when you look into how he measured the muzzle flash, the findings up close and from a distance should be relatively consistent with slight variations, if you compare to the two graphs they are all over the place. I don't hold much weight to his findings at all.

Last edited by Dragline45; September 21, 2014 at 10:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.02323 seconds with 8 queries