Thread: TulAmmo
View Single Post
Old July 17, 2012, 11:31 AM   #24
carguychris

Quote:
Unfortunately my local indoor range has recently banned the use of steel case ammo. I think they sell the shell casings for reloading.
Actually, the main issues are damage to range equipment and the danger of ricochets. At outdoor ranges, there's also a significant fire risk.

From a recent post of mine...
Quote:
FWIW the main issue with Tula is the use of so-called "bi-metal" bullets, i.e. the bullets have steel cores and/or mild steel jackets.* This makes them more prone to ricocheting and making sparks when they strike the steel backstop at an indoor range or a hard object embedded in the soil backstop at an outdoor range. They also chew up the steel target hangers at indoor ranges much more quickly than lead. For these reasons, an increasing number of shooting ranges ban Tula, sometimes specifically by name! Check your local range policies before purchasing!

*Footnote: In late 2011, a Tula manager stated in an online gun press interview that the company would start marketing a more range-friendly product line with conventional lead-core copper-jacketed bullets in "early 2012"; however, AFAIK none of this ammo seems to have hit U.S. store shelves. YMMV.

Last edited by carguychris; July 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: or --> of

Page generated in 0.02574 seconds with 8 queries