View Single Post
Old November 15, 2005, 08:04 PM   #3
cmreinke

Usually there is no RO actually on the range (i.e. inside the two doors that provide sound insulation for the rest of the gun store). So, you just go to your assigned lane and do what you came to do--the range is always "hot" except for rare circumstances. Most ranges charge by the hour or 1/2 hour, although many are not very strict about it and just charge a flat rate (unless you're there all day).

Be aware that some indoor ranges have restrictions on rate of fire (no rapid firing, 1 shot per second, etc.), type of ammo/gun you're shooting (no +P+ or magnums, no reloads, no rifles on the pistol range, etc.), and on shooting style (two handed shooting only, etc.). A few will insist on you using their ammo exclusively; others might require you to shoot their ammo only if you rent a gun. If in doubt you might want to ask first. Also, most ranges have a policy about shooters under 21 (certainly under 18): you must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian, or have a signed letter from a parent/guardian giving permission for someone else (over 21, of course) to accompany you in their place. The range may even require a photocopy of your parent's driver's license with said letter. You should definitely call ahead and check about this. Again, some ranges are more strict than others in enforcing it, but I have yet to visit an indoor range that does not have some kind of similar policy.

Other than that, you shouldn't have any problems. Shoot well and have fun!

-Charles

Page generated in 0.02556 seconds with 8 queries