View Single Post
Old May 24, 2010, 10:54 AM   #7
Dannyl

Try this technique for accurate DA shooting.

HI,
I can recommend the technique that I use, it works great for me when I shoot IDPA and pins (bowling pins) with my S&W 586.

1. use the pad of your finger (I actually use the joint between the first and middle pad, putting my finger deep into the trigger).
2. while you line up your sights, pull the trigger until you are almost at the point wher it releases the hammer.
3. Ensure that your sights are still lined up and correct as needed, now you only need a very small additional pull that will release the bullet. this will be easier to manage while keeping your sights lined up on the target.

This technique can be used also with DA pistols . My EDC is a S&W 4006, and since the first bullet goes out DA ( I carry with one up, hammer down, safety off, so bringing it into action is the same as a DA revolver), I make a point of practicing this as well.

Practice the trigger pull with dry firing, and when you feel you have it right do it with shooting.
Do not go for speed, but get the sequence right, you'll find that speed comes with time (and practice).

Feel welcome to PM me if you want help with this.

Brgds,

Danny

Page generated in 0.02356 seconds with 8 queries