View Single Post
Old March 13, 2009, 09:32 PM   #16
USASA

Destuction of Fired Militay Brass

Evidently, an agency of the Department of Defense has issued a directive that all spent military brass must be destroyed.

Here is one link that gives more details: http://www.jpfo.org/alerts03/alert20090313.htm

We can all post our feelings here...which is okay.

But, each of us needs to contact our own congressional and senatorial folks and ask for their help to get this directive reversed.

Here is a simple text message that I sent:

"Dear (Senator/Congressman),

It has come to my attention that an agency of the Department of Defense has just directed that all military fired brass must be destroyed. As a taxpayer, I oppose this action as the sale of spent military brass is a source of income that, to a degree, offsets other government expenditures.

In addition, as one that participates in military rifle shooting matches, it reduces my option to buy reloaded ammunition at a reasonable cost. We must remember, ownership of government property whether new, excess or surplus, is ultimately by the people.

As my (senator/congressman), I request you to represent me and take the necessary actions to reverse this directive by the Department of Defense.

Thank you,

(Signed)
(City, State)"

It's easy to do, as most representatives and senators have a formatted message layout on there website. All you need to do is cut here and paste there. Don't forget to put their name in the greeting and your name in the closing.

Last edited by USASA; March 13, 2009 at 09:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.03594 seconds with 8 queries