View Single Post
Old April 21, 2002, 06:48 PM   #4
Greybeard

Unless the stuff is prohibited on college campus, my initial thought is a generous dose of foam OC spray to the eyes. "Stream" type OC a distant second choice in very close quarters. Most common "cone pattern" units or foggers could easily put you both down.

My daughter's current OC (small cone pattern mist) is in the form of a fairly innocent-looking key chain kubotan. Unfortunately, she has a few more weeks at high school with "zero tolerance" policy.

You may also want to investigate some of the various motion sensor alarms. Altho I have no experience with, I have seen some (traveler's alarms) that can be hung on doorknobs and such to detect even small movements.

Other devices along the lines of "driveway patrols" might be adaptable to at least alert you of another person in the area. A battery opperated sensor picks up any movement within a (funnel shape) targeted "zone" and sets off a battery opperated chime. The chime in my office has two volume settings.

From what I see from your post thus far, it sounds to like the security people there need to jump on the issue with both feet, In the meantime, I am glad to see that you recognize that you will most likely be the one ultimately responsible for your safety. Again tho, a shame that a couple of bad apples in your dorm may jeopardize liberties for many others.

Page generated in 0.03298 seconds with 8 queries