View Single Post
Old April 5, 2000, 11:36 AM   #6
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Something similiar....

Back in 81, the State sent myself and some others to a firearms instructor school run by several FBI agents. All Correctional firearms were covered, including shotguns. An instructor from the Women's institution, who was A, an instructor for reasons other than expertise,and B, a stone cold B----h, had been given a voucher to purchase what ammo she needed. So, being not very cognizant of such things, she decided those Brennekes were the slug of choice, not the Winchester duty load.

On day 3, we started on the shotgun portion of the range work. After a short but intense briefing on where to aim a plain bbled, bead sight 870(weight less than 6 lbs, 12 oz), we took turns firing off a few slugs each. Nobody LIKES the recoil from slugs in the light 870, and the instructor in question must have tuned out some of the advice she was given. At that point in time, she had fired zero slugs,and probably only fired a shotgun less than 5 times.

We all stood watching as she strode manfully to the firing line, stoked the chamber with one of those 1 1/4 oz, high velocity Brennekes,shouldered, aimed and fired. Then we watched as she dropped the 870,fell to her knees,and clutched her right,uh, bosom as she gave the worst sounds of agony I'd heard since I left SEA.

The 870 was secured as we gathered round, and the instructor racked the slide and caught the empty as it left the action. his comment was, "Brennekes,why did you use these?". Her reply, through gritted teeth, was that was what they had sold to her at the gun shop.

After a short hiatus,shooting was resumed with a different trainee who was definitely not shooting magnum slugs. Later, I took MS B---h aside, loaned her my personal 870 with the extended mag and a lb of shot under the butt pad, and we traded slugs. Still have a couple of them left(G).

To give Ms B---h credit, she toughed out the rest of the course. After teaching a few classes of trainees,, she moved on to a position at the Academy, which she infests to this day.

And while I wish no harm to most people, seeing that instant expert on her knees was rather satisfying, in a vindictive and petty way....

Page generated in 0.03664 seconds with 8 queries